MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
– 03642: [DIP/Input] (cps1.c) 1941: Difficulty dipswitch has wrong values in
tab menu (Sonikos)
– 00012: [DIP/Input] (dooyong.c) lastday: [possible] Coin input in the test
– 01797: [DIP/Input] (tank8.c) tank8: Game time DIP settings incorrect (Sonikos)
– 02117: [DIP/Input] (dooyong.c) superx: [possible] Service mode DIP switch has
no effect. (Sonikos)
– 03388: [DIP/Input] (atarisy1.c) roadrunn and clones: Input (Button) labels
not logical (Sonikos)
– 04196: [DIP/Input] (leland.c) offroadt2p: [possible] Inputs for 3 players
when it’s a 2-player only game (Sonikos)
– 05119: [DIP/Input] (kaneko16.c) bloodwar oedfight: DIP switch for attract
sound is inverted (Sonikos)
– 05120: [DIP/Input] (namcos1.c) bakutotu: misplaced DIPs (Sonikos)
– 05194: [Graphics] (tx1.c) buggyboy, tx1: Screen 1 and 2 freezes (Phil Bennett)
– 04851: [Crash/Freeze] (pcxt.c) filetto: Can’t boot (crazyc)
– 05190: [Crash/Freeze] (gomoku.c) gomoku: Crashed after ROM/RAM test (hap)
– 05189: [Sound] (attckufo.c) attckufo: No sound (hap)
-Adds the QSound internal DSP ROM to the device. [Andrew Gardner]
-remove garbage in unused bits of 4 bit mathbox proms [Andrew Welburn]
-Don’t set E flag if the result rounds up to 2, just limit the result. [smf]
-clifront.c: allow -romident to properly handle zipfiles inside a
directory [Fabio Priuli]
-Metadata updates for Naomi and Triforce [f205v]
-PSX bios rom memory map is now handled by the CPU core as the size is
controlled by an internal register. Simplified System 12 protection
hack so that it doesn’t involve remapping the bios rom area, which
also allows the default value for ram to be removed. [smf].
-Redump Chocovader 0.8e rom [Smitdogg]
-nbbatman2bl – replace bad dumps of gfx roms [Smitdogg]
-silkroad – replaced bad rom, removed init hack [Brian Troha, Smitdogg,
The Dumping Union]
-Autoboot command support added [Ben Geeves,Miodrag Milanovic]
-Added proper sized maincpu rom for World Tennis from recent dump and
updated labels. [any, Tafoid]
-Added and verified DIP locations for all sets in travrusa.c [Tafoid]
-8042kbdc: fix uninitialized variable [Peter Ferrie]
-finished modernizing timekeeper [smf]
-LUA 5.2.2 added to libraries, did basic hookup of LUA VM into [Miodrag Milanovic]
running machine added -script (or -autoboot_script) command to
execute LUA script after driver startup
-modernised adc083x, ds2401, upd4701 [smf]
-Adds memory tracking to debugger. This includes two new commands:
trackmem and pcatmem(p|d|i). [Andrew Gardner]
-Fixes left-click selection bug in the memory window. [Andrew Gardner]
-finished modernizing at28c16 [smf]
-Added and verified DIP locations for all sets in rallyx.c [Tafoid]
-modernised YMZ280B,YMF271,YM2610,YM2608,YM2203,AY8910,YM2612/YM3438 [smf]
-flstory.c: Corrected a couple of dipswitch names for Rumba Lumber and
change clocks to be XTAL based. [Brian Troha]
-modernised the YM3526, which also required adding write lines to the
6502, 6809 and z80 [smf]
-modernised Y8950,YMF262,YM3812,YM2413,YMF278B [smf]
-Re-dumped Sport Fishing 2 (JPN) & Sport Fishing 2 (EXP) [f205v]
-Crystals Colours improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Decrypted the tile matrix / video RAM.
* Wrote proper memory map and inputs from the scratch.
* Bypassed the program data channels protection.
* Decrypted the colors / color RAM.
* Added button-lamps support.
* Created a default NVRAM.
* Promoted to working state.
* Added technical and encryption notes…
-Snooker 10 improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Fixed NVRAM size.
* Added default NVRAM.
-Apple 10 improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Fixed NVRAM size.
* Added default NVRAM.
-Ten Balls improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Fixed NVRAM size.
* Added default NVRAM.
-modernised CDDA & discard buffered samples when starting to play to
avoid audio glitches and timing issues. [smf]
-Adds statesave (ss) & stateload (sl) commands to the debugger.
-modernised TMS5220 [smf]
-nexus3d.c – replace dumps with ‘better’ ones [Smitdogg]
-Eliminate some of MAME’s anonymous timers. [Andrew Gardner]
-itisa – the game was made by Itisa, there is an undumped Spanish original [AUMAP]
-started to modernise TMS5110 [smf]
-pcxt.c: Fix Filetto [Carl]
-fuukifg2.c – Increased Z80 clock to 6MHz. Fixes gogomile intro music
and speech [Phil Bennett]
-fruitpc: add inputs [Carl, R.Belmont]
-Various CD-ROM / CHDMAN improvements: [R. Belmont]
* Correct import/export of bin/cue images in which the pregap sectors
* Normalized TOC handling; the start of a track is always the first
* Finally allows reading and CDDA playing pregap sectors. Works even
if the pregap sectors are not present in the file.
-Changed “Gear Shift” to LOW by default for contcirc, chasehq, sci and
-sspeedr.c: added generic Gear Shift artwork [MASH]
-Improvements to Golden Poker driver: [Roberto Fresca]
* Proper inputs for Videotron Poker selector.
* Figured out the Royale multiplexer system.
* Removed the unused Royale driver init.
* Both Royale sets promoted to working.
* Added technical notes.
-“And he did give them CRT bloom, and it scorched their eyes so; and they wept
openly, for there was nothing left to see with” [MooglyGuy]
* Enabled vector bloom and associated .ini controls
* Added raster bloom and associated .ini controls, each bloom “level” is the
linear weight of successively half-sized render targets
* Removed D3D8 mode
* Mass renaming in D3D renderer to use namespaces, initial planning step to
HAL-based renderer implementation on Windows (i.e., GL on Windows)
* Converted d3d_info, d3d_poly_info, and d3d_texture_info into classes
* Added batching of vectors for possible speed increase
* Minor cleanup of shader state setting
-capcom.c: added missing SHA1s to some pinball sets [John Gilbert]
-libflac: improve portability for older versions of Xcode [John Gilbert]
-input/DIP bugs fixed in several drivers [Sonikos]
PGM improvements [iq132]
– Implemented the bitswap protection for Killing Blade allowing all regions
– Implemented additional protection required by Dragon World 3, the game is
not any further along, but it is much cleaner code.
– Implemented bitswap protection and several DMA modes for olds. The ram_dump
hack is no longer required. The protection simulation is still somewhat
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Mundial/Mondial (Italian/French) [Roberto Fresca, f205v]
Let’s Attack Crazy Cross (GV027 Asia 1.10)
[Tom Braider, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Crystals Colours (Ver 1.01) [Roberto Fresca, Any]
Stunt Air [f205v, Tirino73, David Haywood]
(imperfect gfx, sound, colours, need PCB measurements)
Royale (set 1) [Roberto Fresca]
Royale (set 2) [Roberto Fresca]
Videotron Poker (cards selector) [Roberto Fresca, Any]
Videotron Poker (normal controls) [Roberto Fresca, Any]
Fruit Land [Carl, R. Belmont, Any]
New clones added
Crush Roller (bootleg set 3) [ANY]
Altered Beast (Datsu bootleg) [ANY] (not working)
The Next Space (set 2) [ANY]
Traverse USA (I.P. – American Top Bootleg) [ANY]
Vastar (set 4) [ANY]
Crazy Climber (Model Racing bootleg) [ANY]
Rally X (Model Racing bootleg [ANY]
Lunar Rescue (Model Racing bootleg) set 2 [ANY]
Power Spikes (US) [ANY]
Gals Panic II (English) [ANY] (uncertain set composition) (not working)
Pang (bootleg, set 4) [ANY]
Final Fight (bootleg) [ANY]
Magic’s 10 (ver. 16.54) [ANY]
New Lucky 8 Lines (set 4, W-4) [Roberto Fresca, ANY]
New Lucky 8 Lines (set 5, W-4, main 40%, d-up 60%) [Roberto Fresca, ANY]
New Lucky 8 Lines (set 6, W-4, main 40%, d-up 60%) [Roberto Fresca, ANY]
Jack Potten’s Poker (set 7, Royale GFX) [Roberto Fresca, ANY]
Atom (bootleg of Bombjack Twin) [f205v] (not working)
Dragon’s Lair 2: Time Warp (Euro v3.17) [italiandoh]
Indiana Jones (JPM) (IMPACT, German set 2) [mathijs/MPU Mecca]
Indian Battle (Brazil) [Marcello Mancini]
Raiden Fighters (Single Board) [Smitdogg, Tormod, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Guardian Storm (vertical) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Red Fox War Planes II (China, set 2) [Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
MotoTour / Zippy Race (Tecfri license) [Ricky2001 (from AUMAP)]
Puck Man (Spanish, ‘Made in Greece’ bootleg) [F.J.Jimenez (Gijon)]
Ms. Pac-Man (‘Made in Greece’ bootleg) [Ricky2001 (from AUMAP)]
Pacuman (Spanish bootleg of Puck Man) [Roselson (from AUMAP)]
Moon Cresta (Electrogame S.A. Spanish bootleg) [Roselson (from AUMAP)]
Moon Cresta (Petaco S.A. Spanish bootleg) [Ricky2001 (from AUMAP)]
Galaxian (Recreativos Franco S.A. Spanish bootleg) [Roselson (from AUMAP)]
Phoenix (Spanish bootleg) [Enricnes (from AUMAP)]
Ataque Sideral (Spanish bootleg of UniWar S) [Ricky2001 (from AUMAP)]
Bomb Jack (Tecfri, Spain) [F.J.Jimenez (Gijon)]
Le Bagnard (Itisa, Spain) [Asociación de Usuarios de Máquinas Arcade y Pinballs]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Bonne Chance! (Golden Poker prequel hardware) [Roberto Fresca, Any]
Time Fighter (Time Pilot conversion on Galaxian hardware) [Marcello Mancini, the hands of the hap]
Sea Battle [ANY]
Midcoin Juke Box 24CD [f205v]
The Drink [Any]
Unknown H8 Italian Gambling game [Any]
Kono Tako [Tormod, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]